Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Odds and Ends...

Good morning! Thought I'd update on a few odds and ends that we've been doing (or not doing, lol!) over the last couple of weeks.

We had a fun nature study moment this weekend. We found a beautiful praying mantis on our heat pump!



N4 was the only one brave enough to pose with the mantis...



Here's one more view - such a beautiful creature!




We've had a couple of very "relaxed homeschooler" kind of weeks lately. A2 has been working with the Rainbow Rock CD-Rom math game from Singapore Math. I asked J1 to work on some Tangram Puzzles. He struggles a bit with spatial relations, and I thought some games with tangrams and pattern blocks might help stretch his brain a bit. J1 agreed that he could feel his brain growing. N4 had to join in, of course...




I'm still feeling scattered - there's so much to do! In fact, I'd better go get doing right now! J1 needs some papers corrected, S3 is begging for schoolwork, A2 is in a "sponge" stage where he wants to soak everything up and I'd better take advantage of it. Plus, I'm behind on laundry (again!), there's meals to cook, the bathrooms need cleaning...

Life is good! :-)

No comments: