Monday, January 29, 2007

Menu Plan Monday



Well, last week was definitely a strange one! What with the birthday, and dinner out, my plans got all scattered - I never did end up making those Salmon Patties. When I do, I'll share the recipe, ok? This week should be a bit more "normal" - I'm still struggling a bit over how to help dh and I stick to our low carb diet, fix something nutritious for the kids that they'll actually eat, and not end up cooking two separate meals every night! It's definitely a work in progress - when I have lots of great tips, I'll share them. For now, we'll keep plugging away - here's what I have planned for this week:

Monday: Salad with left-over roast beef from Sunday, and shredded sharp cheddar, bread and butter for the kids

Tuesday: Low-carb chili, cornbread for the kids, side salad

Wednesday: Chicken Cordon Bleu (a couple plain chicken breasts for the little ones), rice for the kids (make enough for Friday), and steamed broccoli

Thursday: Low-carb Hamburger Gravy over mashed cauliflower, or egg noodles for the kids, side salad

Friday: Salmon Patties, rice for the kids, creamed spinach for mom&dad, vegies and dip for the kids (they'd never eat creamed spinach, and I've got a hankering for it!)

Saturday: Homemade Pizza (low carb crust for mom and dad), salad

Sunday: Cheesey Chicken and Broccoli soup, salad, biscuits for the kids

Make sure you stop by Organizing Junkie for lots more great ideas!

1 comment:

Jill said...

Your menu looks great! Thanks for sharing it, and I hope you have a great week!