Sunday, January 14, 2007

They came back!

Our bluebirds came back! I'm so happy! I'm home this morning with a terrible cold and sniffly, coughing kids, while dh went to church. About the time we normally leave, I glanced out at our feeder and saw the bluebirds! There are definitely at least 3 of them, and they hung around for a little bit longer. I managed to get a picture - not a great one as my camera isn't that good at distance shots, and I didn't want to scare them away - but look!


Do you see him there, above and just to the right of the feeder? Oh, he's so beautiful!

So - does anyone have bluebirds around their houses? Any hints and tips for making them happy? I know I don't have the right food for them, from what I'm reading they eat berries and insects. I'm thinking of sending dh to the bird store on the way home today! :-) Another feeder with mealworms or a food with dried berries might attract them more. In another few weeks I'll set up some houses, I think.

How wonderfully exciting!

No comments: